Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, June 09, 2008

The Rachel Shukert interview, parts 1 and 2

Rachel Shukert at 2nd Avenue Deli



Last Thursday, in what turned out to be a very New York meandering night, one in which, incidentally, I never made it home, I started off the evening at the new 2nd Avenue Deli, which is not actually on 2nd Avenue anymore. I was there with Rachel Shukert, who I think I first heard read at KGB, talking about sex at BBYO (Jewish youth group), which she also tackles in her first book, an essay collection called Have You No Shame? And Other Regrettable Stories.

Then I published her Heeb piece "Big Mouth Strikes Again" in Best Sex Writing 2008 and she read at the book's release party. Over bulging sandwiches and pickles and black cherry soda (for her), we chatted about family and dating and sex.

And then I asked her about her book, which I highly recommend. I'll have more to say on it later, but wanted to get this posted, along with parts 3 and 4 of the interview. There's some background noise, but I think it was worth it for the atmosphere. For now, part 1:



and part 2:

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home