Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Saturday, November 07, 2009

I may be jaded but I never get tired of beautiful book covers

I have three books coming out in three months - April is Please, Sir, May is Please, Ma'am and June is Fast Girls. (There are a few other anthologies and then a non-fiction book for Cleis and my novel in 2010, but I only have these covers now.)

I've had to resign myself this year to the fact that erotica -- or rather, my erotica collections -- aren't ever really going to make me the money that I had originally envisioned. I think of it more as a hobby that maybe brings in some cash and gives me some "credibility." It goes to a question I was asked at the Come As You Are workshop in Toronto, which was, basically, "If all you'll make is $50 a story, why write erotica?" I said, essentially, for the self-expression. Because you want to. Because you have something to say. I still believe that, even if I'm not crying tears of joy in the Barnes & Noble in Chelsea (and not just because it no longer exists). I'm still honored with each story published, still get rejections, still learning. I'm trying my best to learn how to better market my books, how to makes ones that don't have negative sales (okay, that was just one, but still, a very sad royalty statement), how to improve both the quality of my writing, my editorial selections, and my sales.

I just saw these first two covers; the tables of contents are still being finalized, but I'm especially excited about Fast Girls, and you'll know why when I can share the lineup. I definitely want to shoot a book trailer for it, and again, for the sheer joy of expressing myself in a new medium. I will have to keep buying lotto tickets to try to get out of debt, and I'm okay with that. I still love editing books, no matter who's buying (or isn't).


Please, Ma'am: Erotic Stories of Male Submission, to be published May 2010 by Cleis Press


Fast Girls: Erotica for Women, to be published June 2010 by Cleis Press (and obviously, just as with Dirty Girls, which continues to sell well, it's not just for women!)

And because it's so beautiful and I do hold out hopes that this one will be a marketplace breakthrough...


Please, Sir: Erotic Stories of Female Submission, to be published April 2010 by Cleis Press

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 08, 2009, Blogger Madeline Elayne said...

Wow. Those are hawt.

 
At November 09, 2009, Anonymous Sex Store said...

The yPlease, Sir book looks amazing. Where are these books available

 

Post a Comment

<< Home