Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Enter now to get Best Women's Erotica of the Year 4 before it's in stores

I'll never forget the acceptance from editor Marcy Sheiner I received for my story "Doing the Dishes" for Best Women's Erotica 2004. I was so thrilled to finally be published in this major series in the erotica world. And now I get to edit that same series. One thing I promised myself is that I would push myself to be the best editor I could be, to both apply everything I've learned since my own first co-edited anthology was published in 2004 and to push myself to be better, to dig deeper as an editor, to publish more diverse authors than I did when I started and to try to reach as many readers as possible.

I'm so proud of what the Best Women's Erotica of the Year series has become and can't wait to see what you think about Volume 4, which has totally hot, sexy stories as well as heartfelt, also arousing love stories. There's torrid affairs, kinky sex, forbidden passion and much more. Since it's Election Day, I'll share that my inspiration for the outsiders theme (the other theme is risk) was Donald Trump's scary and dangerous rhetoric about outsiders, not just immigrants, but anyone who isn't like him.

BWE4pinkcarpet

I'm giving away 10 signed copies of Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 4 at Goodreads. Enter to win by November 9 (U.S. only; for giveaways open internationally, subscribe to my monthly newsletter - and yes, after this month's deadline mania is over, my website is getting a much-needed overhaul on Squarespace.) The photo above features galleys from an earlier giveaway, but this is to win finished copies, which will be in my hands and then in the mail very, very soon. And if you have a spare moment, I'd love if you'd add the book to your Amazon wishlist. Entering and adding it help the book reach more people before it's published on December 11, which helps it sell more copies, which helps me get to keep editing this series (yes, if nobody buys it, I'm sure I will be given the heave ho as the editor). But I don't think that will happen.

Stay tuned because I'm working on booking readings for this volume and there will be some fun promos and giveaways, especially on our Instagram, where I'm posting everything from sex toys to sexy women to hot Friday reads. Thank you for reading and supporting this series. I didn't start it and am humbled to be its third editor and honored to publish so many writers from around the world. My dream is to get to edit 10 volumes. I'm wrapping up my initial round of edits on Volume 5 now, for publication next December.

Without you reading, reviewing, following and spreading the word (and, of course, all the amazing bookstores and libraries who stock it!), I wouldn't get to do this, so THANK YOU. I don't take that lightly, and I edit every anthology like it's going to be my last and I need to go out with a bang, because that could be the case. But I hope it's not, and today, on a day when I hope for positive changes in the world, I'm also hoping that the powers that be like my work enough to keep believing in me as editor. In return, I vow to work on this series every day, to make it a little more visible, to bring in more authors from around the world, to have these stories reach the people who need them.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home