Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Hear me talk about erotica writing and editing on the Sex Gets Real podcast

I had a fabulous talk with Dawn Serra (officially, it was an interview, but I consider it more of a discussion) on her Sex Gets Real podcast, all about the power of writing erotica, what I look for as an editor, how erotica can affect our sex lives, the larger cultural observations and political messages we can send with erotica and the Best Women's Erotica series. Plus I read a little excerpt of Comic-Con erotica story "Starstruck" by Lazuli Jones. I hope you'll check it out, and you can subscribe to Sex Gets Real on iTunes and/or listen directly on the show's website. Here's a few quotes (and with the George Constanza/5'3" quote, I believe we were specifically talking about men; I don't think it's that unusual to find short women starring in erotica, but it is unusual in my experience to find men on the shorter, or fatter, or balder side). The hour or so we chatted flew by and I had a wonderful time talking to Dawn and hope you enjoy it too and that perhaps it sparks your imagination and gets you writing, whether that's one sentence or a hundred pages.

Rachel 5

Rachel 8

Rachel 9

Rachel 7


We also discussed my erotica classes, and I have two coming up: live in person Sunday, January 29th from 4-6 at The Ripped Bodice in Culver City (LA), and February 7-March 7 will be my online LitReactor erotica writing class Between the Sheets. The Ripped Bodice class is limited to 20 people and the LitReactor one is limited to 16 people.

Lastly, the deadlines for my two upcoming Cleis Press anthologies are coming up soon! Click on the book titles for guidelines. December 1 is the deadline to submit to Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 3 and January 10 is the deadline for The Big Book of Submission, Volume 2. Happy writing!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home