Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, September 23, 2016

Early bird discount for my February-March 2017 LitReactor online erotica writing class

I'm thrilled to share the news that I'm teaching my next LitReactor online Between the Sheets erotica writing class from February 7-March 7, 2017. I had to bow out of teaching this fall to focus on other work and I've missed having a class of students and the close attention we all share for a month as they focus on making their words as sexy and polished as they can be. Registration is open now for $350; the price goes up to $375 on December 2. The class is limited to 16 people in order to make sure everyone gets the attention they deserve and thorough and prompt critiques.

litreactor-erotica-writing-class-february-2017

What happens during the class? I provide weekly written lectures and writing assignments; when you complete each homework assignment, provided you do so by the deadline, I offer a thorough line by line written critique and content and marketing suggestions, and your fellow students also offer feedback. Additionally, I have conducted over a dozen interviews with erotica publishing professionals, including literary agents, editors and successful authors, both traditionally published and self-published, such as Sommer Marsden, Tiffany Reisz, Cecilia Tan and others, that I share exclusively in the class. While no one is obligated to submit their work for publication, this class is definitely geared toward those interested in having their work published, as we focus on both writing and what publishers are looking for and how to optimize your chances of having your work accepted. Many of my former students have gone on to be published. Here are two examples of student publication success stories.

I update these with each class to keep it current and add new information. At the end of class, I also invite you to my private online group to continue the conversations, camaraderie and support of the class; that group is a great place to keep current on what's happening in the erotica world, find beta readers and generally ask questions of me and your peers. I know the class is a big commitment, and I would only suggest taking it if you have at least five hours per week to devote to it in order to get the most out of it. That being said, you will have access to the classroom materials, including all lectures, assignments and additional interviews and postings, forever (well, as long as LitReactor is online, which I don't see changing anytime in the near future). This means that if there's one week you can't keep up with all the items I post, since I add daily information on everything from pseudonyms to branding and marketing to agents and more, you can always go back to it later.

Here's what some of my previous students have said (click on the LitReactor image above for more student quotes):
"I will apply what I learned in 'Between the Sheets' to create stories that arouse and connect. With Rachel’s detailed ‘how to’ writing instructions, I completed six stories. My final product is tailored to a specific call for submission and ready to go. Rachel eased this newbie erotic writer into her world providing a comfortable environment to explore sexual ideas creatively. She gave me what I wanted even when I did not know what that was. I’m headed down a new path. Take her, it’s worth it." Donna Jennings
and
"I gained the confidence to just be fearless on the page." Z
and
"Rachel has been incredibly generous in giving us students insights into the world of erotica writing with tons of useful information and helping us hone our writing abilities through her homework assignments and on point corrections for them." Ruby McLovelin
Prefer an in person class? I'm teaching a two-hour erotica writing workshop on Sunday, January 29 from 4-6 pm at The Ripped Bodice in Culver City, California (Los Angeles area). This live class is limited to 20 people.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home