Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, February 05, 2016

Join me for 29 days of erotica writing in my LitReactor class starting February 11th

I just wrote out my daily lesson plan and posting schedule for my upcoming LitReactor online erotica writing class, which runs February 11-March 10, and I'm so excited about it and wanted to share because the last day to register is next Wednesday, February 10th. There's information about each week's topics, lectures and assignments at the LitReactor site, but I wanted to give you a breakdown of what else happens in class. I just mapped out my 29 days of posting which cover everything from threesomes to humor to point of view to author branding to self-publishing to pen names, and beyond.

litreactorfeb11

In addition to the weekly writing assignments and critiques (from me and fellow students) which form the core of the class, I will be posting daily in the LitReactor bulletin board with additional information. That includes at least 17 exclusive to the class Q&As with successful erotica writers (both traditionally published and self-published) as well as publishers, anthology editors and literary agents seeking new erotica authors. Want the inside scoop on a publisher but don't know who to ask? I will get as much information for you as I can.

You may be thinking, Wow, that sounds great, but I have a job and a family and a life, how am I going to keep up with posts every day? Well, the good news is, LitReactor will give you access to the classroom materials indefinitely (pretty much forever, as far as I know). I prefer students focus on turning in their homework every week so they can get feedback, and read the additional materials if/when they can. But your login and class access won't expire so if there's something you're interested in and want to return to, you can.

I'm also available throughout the 29-day period to answer any questions students may have about their writing process, publishing, marketing, branding, etc. Plus, not an official part of LitReactor but part of what I give back to my students: you'll get invited to join my private online group to extend any questions and discussions and share camaraderie and information with others who've taken my classes.

What do I know about erotica? Well, I've been published in the genre since 2000, in over 100 anthologies, including the Best American Erotica, Best Women's Erotica, Best Lesbian Erotica and Best Gay Erotica series. I've edited over 50 anthologies, hosted an erotic reading series in New York for five years, and use my journalism experience to go in depth with erotica writing professionals to bring my students practical tips about how to break into the field.

This will be my sixth time teaching the class, and I believe each one gets better as I learn and expand my knowledge to best offer students relevant, useful support, encouragement and feedback. I recommend having at least five hours a week to devote to the class in order to get the most out of it, but if you are interested in erotica writing at all, I believe you'll learn a lot. Questions? Email me at rachelkb at gmail.com with "LitReactor" in the subject line. Can't make the class but want one-on-one feedback? See rachelkramerbussel.com for private consultation rates (and stay tuned for my new erotica teaching focused site launching in the next few weeks).

Find out more:

Q&A with me at LitReactor

"6 reasons I encourage my erotica writing students to submit their work"

"How journalism helps me teach my erotica writing classes"

What my most recent LitReactor students said about the class

What previous LitReactor students have said

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home