Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, December 14, 2015

New year, new book title: Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 1

I've written about how it's a literary dream come true to have edited Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 1, following in the footsteps of the series' first two editors, Marcy Sheiner and Violet Blue, whose previous volumes and other books I highly recommend. I'm a huge fan of their work and can literally remember my squeeing when I got acceptances to their editions of Best Women's Erotica (both published some of my favorite of my erotica stories).

BWEOfThe Year_approved

One small but important detail that's different is that this new edition, which officially hits stores in print and ebook form January 12th but is shipping from the printer this week, is that there's no year number on the title, in keeping with Cleis Press's rebranding of all their annual series. For me, it's an exciting move because it means that bookstores won't immediately purge the book from their shelves the moment a new calendar year rolls around. My hope is that they will stock this first title for a long time, because I believe it's a keeper, the kind of book that, like many of my most beloved erotica books, readers will hold onto for a long time.

What's in it? I'll be sharing excerpts on blogs and other publications as we get closer to the pub date, and am about to finalize readings with contributors so you can hear these stories live and in person, but here's a little sampling:

a sexy séance in "Demimonde" by Valerie Alexander

a corporate retreat with a twist in "The Ropes" by Elise King

a woman who gets to meet the actor who played the superhero of her teenage dreams in "Starstruck" by Lazuli Jones

a futuristic science fiction story titled "The Altar of Lamented Toys" by Jessica Taylor

a sweet and sexy older woman/younger man story featuring Matilda from the S.E.C.R.E.T. trilogy in "Matilda's Secret" by L. Marie Adeline

some public femdom play in "Alvin's Night" by Elizabeth Caldwell

a masterful play on the senses and one of the best erotica stories I've ever read in "Enter Me" by Tabitha Rayne

a Port-a-Potty encounter with a transgender man in "Waiting to Pee" by Amy Butcher

a very kinky meal in "Two Doms for Dinner" by Dorothy Freed

a hot workplace lust and sex party tale with "The Assistant" by Tiffany Reisz

and much, much more!

If that intrigued you, here's where you can pre-order the book (and I will be updating the book's Twitter and Facebook as I hear about stores stocking it, but I can tell you now you will be able to find Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 1 at Good Vibrations):

Amazon (print)

Kindle

Barnes & Noble (print)

Nook

Powells

Books-a-Million

IndieBound (find your nearest local bookstore)

Cleis Press

Amazon UK (print)

Amazon UK Kindle

Amazon Canada (print)

Amazon Canada Kindle

Erotica writers: stay tuned, because I will be announcing a new call for submissions very soon. I will post on this blog, Lusty Lady, as well as in my monthly newsletter (where I also host monthly giveaways), and Tumblr, @raquelita on Twitter and my Facebook page and Erotica Readers & Writers Association.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home