Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, December 21, 2015

Happy Monday: Library Journal likes Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 1!

Got some great news this morning from my publisher, Cleis Press: Library Journal gave my new book Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 1 a great review! I'm overjoyed. You can read the introduction to the book on Tumblr. This book is near and dear to my heart, and part of my excitement is that I want to introduce the authors who are newly published in the book, or are starting out in their erotica writing careers, to a wider audience. So I was very happy to see "A New Canvas" by Tara Betts and "Scents & Sexuality" by Doriana Chase receive praise in this review. Also cool: Tara Betts will join me and contributor Rose P. Lethe at our Chicago reading on March 31st at The Pleasure Chest. It's free and I'm sure will be a lot of fun (bonus: free wine and other beverages). I typed up the review (which I don't think is online yet, but I'll link to it if they post it):
Library Journal review

Edited for the first time by frequent anthology contributor and erotica veteran Bussel, this annual volume features short stories from a number of notable genre names, including L. Marie Adeline (“S.E.C.R.E.T.” trilogy) and Tiffany Reisz (“The Original Sinners” series). Bussel makes a point in the introduction to emphasize that all 21 selections were chosen for their strong depictions of nuanced, intelligent female characters with whom readers should identify, offering erotica that titillates while it “respects your mind.” The book lives up to that promise, opening with Tara Betts’s poetic “A New Canvas,” in which friends Angela and Troy redraw the lines of their relationship using their bodies for their canvas. Some pieces set a slow burn (a longtime work crush blossoms into something more when Ivy meets her boss Lennon at a kinky party in Reisz’s “The Assistant”), while others jump right into the action, such as Doriana Chase’s wry “Scents & Sexuality,” wherein Chase’s unnamed protagonist finds her senses kicked into high gear by the aroma of hot, hardworking gardener Jax.

VERDICT: With plenty of creative scenarios, styles, and positions, this impressive anthology is sure to be a hit among quality erotica fans.
bweinboxfinal

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home