Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Thursday, December 04, 2014

How to use your words to talk dirty and play with fantasy

Talking dirty is one of my favorite activities and the subject of this week's Philadelphia City Paper sex column, inspired by Ashley Manta and Katie Mack's Carnalcopia podcast on the same topic. They were both whipsmart and I could have gone on and on but print paper means short and sweet word counts. You really have to also listen to the podcast to get a sense of how different their experiences have been. I'll once again be totally shameless and say if you like the column (and or just like to talk dirty!) please click "like" at the top and pass it on to your readers. That means so much both to me personally and to show them readers like all the sexy stuff I'm putting out there. And tell them to let me know what they want to see in the column! Email rachelkb at gmail.com with "City Paper" in the subject and any and all topic suggestions.

Carnalcopia logo - highres

Now is also a good time for me to plug CatalystCon, where I met both of them in person for the first time (I believe I played Cards Against Humanity with Katie last year) and found out about the podcast. The conference is so wonderful for exactly that: meeting people whose work you want to follow. I am someone who is bombarded with information online, and while I love staying on top of the news, getting out of my house (which I sometimes don't leave all day) and connecting with interesting people from all over the place with various backgrounds and approaches is invaluable, and not just if you write a sex column and are on the lookout for ideas. I am a writer so should have the perfect words to describe the magic of the conference, and maybe I will when it's not before six a.m. and I haven't had coffee yet, but I will tell you that every time I go I learn many things and meet people I wish I could chat with beyond a weekend, and I think that's saying something.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home