Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Daddy/girl roleplay in "I Always Do" by Kiki DeLovely

I wrote my first Daddy/girl roleplay in my story "Subbing" in Serving Him: Sexy Stories of Submission, but whereas mine is a small snippet of a larger story about a professional submissive, Kiki DeLovely has written "I Always Do" an entire story about Daddy/girl roleplay. Here's the first four paragraphs, and without giving too much away, I will say that I love the turnabout that happens in the story, the way that whatever you might be expecting of a dom, you get that subverted in a wonderful way. We see that getting what you want, demanding what you want, comes with plenty of nuance, even in an intense power dynamic relationship. This is a vivid, riveting, gripping story of kink and desire and love, and I treasure how it offers up the unexpected. That's what I look for in an erotica story, and this one stands out to my mind, in part because I've only published a handful of Daddy/girl stories, and in part because these characters have distinct needs and desires and they get played out masterfully (yes, double entendre intended) here. So while I'm posting the beginning of the story here, trust me, it gets much, much better, and I hope you will check out the full story in Serving Him, whether this is your kink or not. This is also a lesson in defying readers' expectations and drawing them in so they must keep reading.

Previous excerpts: "The Golden Ruler" by Giselle Renarde, "Safe, Sane and Consensual" by Ariel Graham, "Run, Baby, Run" by Vida Bailey, "The Letter" by Tiffany Reisz part 1 and part 2, "Under Direction" by Teresa Noelle Roberts, "Chattel" by Errica Liekos, "The Coffee Break" by Kristina Wright, "What You Deserve" by Lori Selke and "Subbing" by me.

From "I Always Do" by Kiki DeLovely

My Daddy calls me a word architect. So I pick up my pencil and start drawing up the blueprints to thank him. I make painstakingly precise calculations, planning out every last detail, figuring out how to write him into my life and make the design structurally sound, but it inevitably seems to wobble. Perhaps the most beautiful compositions must.

I’ve had plenty of Daddies in my day. They’ve come and gone, dropping in on my life, some having greater impact than others. No matter how many times I’ve tried to deviate and experiment with other forms of submission, it’s always the archetype of Daddy I find myself kneeling at the feet of, time and time again. Daddy/babygirl play just does it for me. It’s what gets me going, what gets me off, what gets me there.

This particular Daddy, however, makes me bow my head in an all-new way—I look up at him through thick lashes in awe, batting them just slightly. From the first time I saw him, it was as if he was walking into my life again. He’s always felt familiar; we’ve had a certain amount of ease and comfort between us. After the first weekend we spent together, I knew this was…different. This was it.

If I hadn’t believed in past lives before, his inexplicable presence in my life surely would’ve sold me on the concept. How could someone—someone who’s hardly known me—know me so well? And I him? There’s a certain vibration we feel in each other’s cells, and the hum of it can be sensed across great distances. It’s this unspoken connection that magnifies his dominance over me. And still, amidst the depth between us exists a level of playfulness in the ways we spark off of each other. Before we even got together, he was already my Daddy. And the very first time we played, it started off innocently enough.
If you liked this excerpt, please do like Serving Him on Amazon, where you can also pre-order it. You can also pre-order it from Bn.com. Kindle and Nook editions coming soon. THANK YOU!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At August 21, 2014, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Rachel, thanks! How did I miss this post for so long?? "We see that getting what you want, demanding what you want, comes with plenty of nuance, even in an intense power dynamic relationship." I couldn't agree with that statement more. And I'm incredibly flattered that my Daddy/girl story stood out to you in the vast sea of such stories. I really enjoyed writing it and I totally love Serving Him as a whole collection! To the point that I've somehow found myself missing both my contributor copies! (I often loan them out permanently--whether inadvertently or not. ;) I guess it's time for me to order another copy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home