Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Read My Hips by Kim Brittingham is out now: watch out Jenny Craig and bad PR firms!

I highly recommend Kim Brittingham's hot-off-the-press memoir Read My Hips: How I Learned to Love My Body, Ditch Dieting, and Live Large! I blurbed it and found it funny, moving, occasionally dark and all-around excellent. You will never look at Jenny Craig the same way after reading about her time working there. I also like that while it's, in a sense, a "feel-good" book, it's not trite. It's not just saying, "Love your body and it'll love you back," even though it somewhat is. It's deeper and more personal and honest and raw and real than that phrase could ever be. Also? Best call-out of a PR firm EVER. That prejudice and stupidity was on Gawker and Kim expertly skewers the company that told her she was too fat to represent their clothes (Avenue) and the PR firm (5WPR) that tried to talk their way back into her good graces. Priceless.

So check it out! Read more of Kim, who got famous from her Fresh Yarn (FUCK YEAH Fresh Yarn forever!!!!) essay "Fat Is Contagious" at kimwrites.com and @kimbrittingham on Twitter.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home