Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Brooklyn lunch recommendation: lentil salad at Saltie

I tend to develop favorites at restaurants I frequent, and once I do, it's tough to steer me away from my cravings. For a while, having sampled most of the small, excellent menu at Saltie, the sandwich and dessert shop in Williamsburg, I was going there for the Clean Slate ($9), their open-faced hummus/yogurt/beet sandwich on homemade naan bread. But the other day I decided to give their lentil salad ($7) a try and I'm so glad I did. It's topped with a mound of goat cheese and is indeed salty, and as a salt lover, I can't get enough, and the lentils are very tiny and delicate and there's a lot of them, and it also has little crunchy bits. I like that you never know exactly what you're going to get at Saltie, because the exact display and ingredients may be slightly altered at any time.

This is my lentil salad from today (on top) and Thursday (when it had little pieces of squash in it, yum!):





I also tried their coffee cake ($4), which was harder than I expected on top, but also wondrous. The cake part was moist and light, and the top was crumbly and sweet and buttery; bring a friend and share it is my recommendation.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home