Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

More on Crossfit at Huffington Post

More from me on Crossfit over at Huffington Post, "Weight Lifting Shapes the Mind and the Body" - also check out the already spirited (and thus far, very kind, thank you!) comments. And one note cause there's a tone in some of the comments of "you don't need a personal trainer."

I didn't say everyone needs a personal trainer. But for me, I am just at heart very lazy and will take the path of least resistance, not just when it comes to exercising, so that is one aspect but also, I am learning things that I couldn't pick up from a book or just observing. Some I can do on my own and some I both need someone to spot me/guide me, and also the encouragement and camaraderie. Not sure if I conveyed that but I'm honored that several people who work out at Crossfit NYC have commented. The atmosphere is VERY supportive, and that is not generally something I associate with most gyms. It truly is a community of people who give advice and help each other and while each wants to do their personal best, it's not about besting anyone else (that I've observed). We're all motivated in different ways to do different things. I tend to go for things that are easy for me; hence, when anyone is like "you've edited all these books!" Well, yes. But I've also coasted in some ways and am now pushing myself. I love editing erotica and plan to do so for a very long time but I also want to stretch myself and try new things that maybe aren't as "easy." Part of my point, too, was that it's the challenge of weight lifting, the way it's not easy, that makes it worthwhile to me. But the part I really like is that what seemed almost impossble mere weeks ago now is no big deal, and I imagine that will only continue to be the case.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At July 10, 2007, Blogger GLBT Promo said...

It's good that you're getting into weight lifting now because when you get to be my age, you'll have to. It won't be an option anymore. When you get to be 40, if you don't weight train and combine it with cardio, unless you starve your body, you'll get fat. End of Story. Twenty isn't 30 and 30 certainly isn't 40. At 45 I've gotten very lazy lately and that's got to stop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home