HuffPo: "Is There Such a Thing as 'Porn for Women?'" and latest book cover
Read my latest Huffington Post piece to find out
A new, 98 page book simply titled Porn for Women from Chronicle Books is causing a stir with its racy images . . . but not in the way you might think. Instead of full frontal nudity, the book mockingly features men (sometimes topless) doing household chores ranging from vacuuming to dusting to cleaning the stove, all with a smile on their faces. These hunky men say things like, "Well, I can't offer you any solutions, but I am a good listener" and "Is that the baby? I'll get her" and "Have another piece of cake. I don't like you looking so thin." All of women's aggravations and insecurities are seemingly offered by perfect, successful men (complete with bios describing hobbies such as "Big Brother volunteer" and "giving massages."
Keep reading (and comment at HuffPo if you have a response)
And the cover (sorry part of it's cut off, will fix when I can, for now click through to see the full image) for Best Sex Writing 2008, just went up on Amazon and boy is it hot! (The New Yorker quote must be referring to a previous edition, neither of which I edited. I'm almost done with this book and can tell you it's really, really mindblowing, thought-provoking, cringe-inducing, and powerful. I'm just waiting on some permissions and getting the last few things in place but can't wait to turn it in.)

Labels: Adventures in book covers, anthologies, books, Huffington Post, porno






















The Big Book of Submission: 69 Kinky Tales


Flying High: Sexy Stories from the Mile High Club






1 Comments:
After a while book covers blur but this one is totally excellent! I love how the underwear is caught on the heel.
Post a Comment
<< Home