Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, March 16, 2007

at the 8bit party


DSC00863
Originally uploaded by violet.blue.
I have to say that that 8bit party last Saturday (which feels like about three weeks ago) was the best party I went to at SXSW. The sushi at the Nerve party was yummy but the crowd at this one was the most exciting. I'm not quite sure how I only got to chat with Violet there and see her panel and that's it, but next year I am saving a whole box of cupcakes for her. May try to get to SF this fall, I'd love to read at the super successful Writers With Drinks and actually have a conversation for more than five minutes with Violet, Annalee and Charlie, all of whom I think are awesome and who intimidate me only slightly. Not really, but just in the sense that I know they know about all sorts of technical topics that I will just never ever know about. Kindof like the haze I felt I was in at SXSW. Not that I even want to know about every nuance of those topics, but to realize that I don't sometimes makes me a little intimidated, but in this case it's more like...in awe. Yes, in awe.

Anyway, the 8bit party was also where I played Ms. Pacman. There was this sense for me the rest of the weekend of what I was trying to escape, that sense of not being on top of everything, of not being everywhere at once. I am trying to slowly wean myself off the need to go everywhere and do everything and appreciate the quiet too. Considering that I'm getting books sent to me at a rate of about 2-3 per day, some quiet time to actually read them would be good. I think my body is in New York but my brain is still in Austin. Which would be okay if I didn't need it to work on stuff here. Well, BEA is coming up and that is actually my favorite annual event of all time. I think this will be my sixth year in a row. Wow. That kindof boggles my mind. I'm already excited for it.

I think it is now time for me to step away from the computer screen. Clearly, I cannot resist its allure.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home