Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

All baby books, all the time

Okay, not all the time, but this week...

What Do You Do All Day?

What Do You Do All Day?



Yes, when I'm not writing about spanking or people's prudish hypocrisy, or cupcakes, I am onto my other favorite topic of late: babies. You know, how I want one. So when I met Amy Scheibe at a party last week (and drooled over her baby videos - not literally, don't worry), it was great because I'd already taken her book What Do You Do All Day? out of the library and thankfully found it relatively easily and devoured it. Seriously, it was so funny and fast-paced and just gut-honest about having kids.

I just wrote her an email saying “Write another one!” It was much better than Allison Pearson’s book imo, and did make me cry a tiny bit but just told a really straightup story about a middle-aged mom facing the choices she’s made, the trials and the joys of motherhood and marriage, and the bullshit of it, the competitive mommies and schools and pressures, but she does so in a very human way. It’s stuff I’ve heard and read about (and maybe, someday, will experience myself!) but in a new take on it. I recommend this book to moms and mom wannabes and anyone just looking for a quick, entertaining novel. Also, there was a character who shares the name of one of my best friends.

Here’s a very brief glimpse into the book:

Is my darling thirteen-month-old sleeping through the night? Bite me. It seems that about the same time he does fall into a full sleep, Georgia finishes her nightly trek across the Arabian desert, and though she has a four full sippy cups surrounding her bed, she’s decided that the faucet in my bathroom, which she can’t quite reach, is the only one that makes the water cold enough to extinguish her parch.

Then, yesterday I got two books in the mail on a similar theme written two women in the entertainment industry in LA, Stefanie Wilder-Taylor and Brett Paesel, who I would imagine know each other though I don't know for sure. I started Sippy Cups and am liking it so far. Having just read some Jenny McCarthy books, a lot of it is the same observations in different formats (not exactly the same, but close), but still, I like reading it - perhaps because I am childless for the moment.

Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay

Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay



Mommies Who Drink

Mommies Who Drink

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home