Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, January 13, 2017

How Nick Carter of The Backstreet Boys inspired a Best Women's Erotica of the Year Volume 2 story

Who knew that boy band fandom could lead to getting published? Read on...Part of why I've done so many author interviews in my career is that when I finish reading a book (or a short story or an essay), if it moved me, I have questions. That's why I've been asking the contributors to Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 2, all about their writing process and fiction inspiration over on the book's Tumblr.

This week's interview is with Jocelyn Bringas, author of the story "Taste," and she told me that the photo below of Nick Carter of The Backstreet Boys was the genesis of her story! How cool is that?

All dressed up.

A photo posted by Nick Carter (@nickcarter) on



You can read all about this sexy tale in our interview. The story itself starts out like this:
The cool San Francisco air was refreshing on my skin after being stuck behind a stuffy cubicle for eight hours. I was following my routine of walking to the underground Embarcadero BART station to take my evening train ride home. When I reached Market Street and Drumm, I stood on the crowded sidewalk and waited for the signal to walk across the street.

“I wonder if you taste as good as you look.”
Taste Image

I hope you will join us Tuesday, January 31st at 7:30 p.m., where she will read from "Taste" live at Skylight Books at 1818 North Vermont Avenue in Los Angeles, and probably give us a little more juicy insight! On a totally superficial note, I got a new dress for the occasion and can't wait to kick off this book tour and finally meet Jocelyn, who I published years ago in my anthology Yes, Sir. I follow most of my authors on social media and feel like I somewhat know them, but it's different from getting to see them in person, and hear the way they personally tell the story they created. That is an incredible feeling and something I wish I could do with all my authors.

BWEV2 LA Reading Promo (1)

Even if you're not in LA, I would love it if you'd help spread the word. Here's the Facebook event page, and of course, we'll have photos and maybe even some video snippets, so stay tuned to the book's Twitter and Instagram accounts. We may even try doing a Facebook Live!

And through this Sunday, June 15th, I'm giving away 10 free copies of the audiobook over on Facebook, so enter the giveaway if you want to hear Rose Caraway narrate all 21 stories.

bweoftheyearvol2 Audiocover

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home