Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Saturday, June 11, 2011

My last Seattle and London readings, please come: free cupcakes June 27th and July 2nd

I won't be reading in Seattle or London again unless something very special and surprising and sponsored comes up, so please join me and please support my work by letting anyone who might be interested know about these events. I don't skimp - there's free cupcakes from Cupcake Royale in Seattle and free cupcakes and champagne in London. Excited about these events (but also very excited to come home and not have to stress about them!).

I do kindof have to pinch myself because it's pretty fucking awesome that my books are for sale in London and Sh! knows who I am and that over the years of editing numerous anthologies I've forged relationships with authors who I'm excited to meet in person. For me, I'm both a very social creature and someone who craves major amounts of solitude. I've been thinking about going on a writing retreat if I have time, or some sort of space where I can just get away from the hectic overload of NYC. Writing fulfills that need to be alone and feel like I'm creating something, but getting to work with other people and create something bigger and better than I could ever possibly create on my own is why I continue to edit anthologies. Sometimes I have my doubts about whether it's "worth it" or whether I will continue to, and after the hotel erotica book I have nothing signed up, so we'll see, but I do enjoy getting to know writers' styles and the ways they approach a topic, the styles, the viewpoints. I learn so much about sexuality in general and erotic writing by combing through hundreds of submissions per year and the opportunity to put a face to a byline is one I'm very much looking forward to, even if I'm super nervous that nobody will show up.

Thanks!

Seattle reading June 27th at Babeland

Monday, June 27 · 6:00pm - 8:00pm

Babeland
707 E. Pike Street
Seattle, WA

Join Gotta Have It editor Rachel Kramer Bussel, contributor Shanna Germain ("Genesis") and burlesque performers Jesse Belle-Jones, Polly Wood and Heidi Von Haught from Naked Girls Reading for a fun, fabulous event at Babeland Seattle for short, sexy readings from Gotta Have It: 69 Stories of Sudden Sex, plus free cupcakes! Free copies of SexIs Magazine will be given away.

Cupcakes will be 5 dozen mini cupcakes by Cupcake Royale, also in Capitol Hill. Flavors:

Baby raspberry rhubarb (rhubarb cake w/raspberry cream cheese frosting)
Baby gay (vanilla funfetti cake w/vanilla buttercream and rainbow sprinkles)
Baby peppermint on chocolate
Baby salted caramel
Baby triple threat

London reading July 2nd at Sh!

Saturday, July 2 · 6:30pm - 9:30pm

Sh! Women's Erotic Emporium
57 Hoxton Square

Join New York-based author and erotica editor Rachel Kramer Bussel for her first UK reading. She will be joined by authors Janine Ashbless, Jacqueline Applebee, Justine Elyot, KD Grace, Kay Jaybee and Carmel Lockyer, reading steamy selections from books such as Orgasmic, Smooth, Best Bondage Erotica 2011 and Gotta Have It: 69 Stories of Sudden Sex.

Free cupcakes and bubbly while supplies last!

Books will be available for sale and signing.

True to our female focused ethos, we ask that male guests are accompanied by a woman.

Spaces are limited, so make sure to book your space early as this FREE event will fill up quickly! Email us at shop@sh-womenstore.com and we'll add your name to the guest list!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home