Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, June 13, 2011

I like short shorts

Heads up - Writer's Digest is holding a contest for short stories of 1,500 words or less.

I've been brainstorming for stories for Sacchi Green's lesbian erotica short shorts anthology Girl Frenzy (deadline is July 15th) and crossing my fingers that my book Gotta Have It: 69 Stories of Sudden Sex does well enough to warrant me doing another book of short shorts. It was a gigantic amount of work, far more than the usual anthology, but worth it to me for the opportunity to showcase a wider range of writing styles and authors than I normally get.

For me it's interesting because I'll start a story and sometimes they come out way longer than I'd planned. I feel lucky when that happens. These days I'm just grateful to finish any story; I excel at starting them, less so at finishing, but am determined to make this the month I get back to the business of being the kind of writer I want to be, meaning one who finishes and submits things, rather than seeing all the pretty covers on Amazon and berating myself for not completing what I know would've been likely to work. If I have no ideas, that's one thing, but when I have an idea and simply give in to my worst impulses and don't finish it, that's when I hate myself. Creating RKB 2.0 is a looooong process but I'm getting there, with some ups and downs. If I sell any stories, I will certainly be posting!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home