Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Why I Got The Word "Open" Tattooed On My Back

It's been a whirlwind week between my tattoo, running all over heat-waved LA and taking a 9-hour redeye flight home (we had to stop in Salt Lake City to refuel). I'm writing again for Lemondrop, with two very exciting interviews lined up, but this latest piece is about why I got my new tattoo. It's by Joy Rumore at Twelve 28 Tattoo, recommended to me by Audacia Ray, which, needless to say, I recommend.



I'd always thought that I wasn't a tattoo person. There wasn't a single image I felt I had to have on my body. But when my friend Sheela and a bunch of other cool ladies I know made plans to get tattoos while we were all in Chicago, I decided I wanted in on the action.

I still couldn't come up with an image that worked for me, until I realized that I'm not a visual person so much as a word person. As a writer, words are what matter most to me; I stay up late at night reading, not watching TV. I remember quotes and song lyrics more than I remember movie scenes.

Once I decided I wanted a word, the one that came to mind was "open." I tend to be extremely pessimistic, and when something goes wrong in my life, instead of trying to fix it or make it better, I assume there's something wrong with me and that's why the problem is occurring.


Read the full essay here. And if you like it, please repost, comment and/or Digg it (on my tech to do list is figuring out how to get an exact Digg link - working on it!).

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At September 28, 2010, Blogger Inked Goddess said...

I just came across your blog because someone posted this tattoo article on twitter. Let me just say that I adore you. I think you are beautiful, sexy, a real woman. I would do you!! ;)hahah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home