Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, June 29, 2009

Shewrites.com - go there

If you're a woman and a writer, do yourself a favor and check out the newly launched Shewrites.com - I just joined and it looks like a fantastic online and offline community.

I was hoping to make their event this evening but I was just too overwhelmed, and I've found that when I'm barely social and have tons of work piled up, it doesn't make any sense to go out, even to show off my now month-old Fluevogs I still haven't worn. There will be time, and in the meantime, I have 100 pages (aka half) of Please, Sir done and am hoping I get some great submissions in by Wednesday's deadline for the other half. Then I will tackle Please, Ma'am. I'm glad I have that to work on because my writing's been so half-assed lately. I've started a ton of things and whether I'll finish them in time, who knows.

But anyway, definitely check out She Writes - I already found a book on there that I knew I had to read, Take Your Shirt Off and Cry: A Memoir of Near-Fame Experiences by Nancy Balbirer (which reminded me that I'd read about her on Gawker).



No idea if it'll be like Jill Soloway's classic story "Courteney Cox's Asshole," or what, but I will check it out this weekend and see.

Speaking of women, writing, and memoirs, the one I'm reading now is Perfection: A Memoir of Betrayal and Renewal by Julie Metz. After her husband died, she found evidence that he'd been having affairs with five women, and confronted them all. It's intense. She also has a six-year-old daughter (at age 44) and basically has to confront whether her entire 16-year marriage was a sham. See the recent New York Times article, "One Dead Husband and 5 Other Women."

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 29, 2009, Anonymous Diana Vilibert said...

I also just picked up "Perfection"--finding it really hard to get through, in a good way. She really tugs at my heartstrings.

 
At June 30, 2009, Anonymous Gena said...

And I recently got Nancy Balbirer's book. I'm hoping for juicy Jennifer Aniston gossip. I interviewed Nancy once when she was doing Cause Celeb in NY, and she was a lot of fun to talk to, so I'm sure her book will be great too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home