Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Saturday, December 12, 2020

My Glamour article on stickers and sticker collecting

If there were ever an article I was born to write, this Glamour one, "Inside the New World of Sticker Enthusiasts," is it. The "research" started when I was eight years old in some ways, but more recently, began, as you'll see in the article, when I attended the conference Alt Summit in 2018 in Palm Springs. I reaffirmed my love of stickers and have been obsessed with them and sticker lovers ever since. I'm so grateful to Glamour for letting me write this and go long. This piece covers everything from feminist stickers to self-care, AOC, WAP and more.

glamourstickers1

glamourstickers2


In February, after my LA reading, I took the train on a lovely sunny day to San Luis Obispo to visit and shop at sticker store Pipsticks. I took dozens of photos (yes, I spent hours taking photos of almost everything in the store and soaking it all in and buying book and taco stickers), and they didn't all make it into the article, so here are four of them, plus my favorite sticker on my water bottle, which I actually got at a cute indie stationery store in Nashville. I love wavy guys and will always stare out the window in delight when we pass one, so I couldn't resist a wavy guy sticker. I hope this article brings a smile your way, whether you were also a sticker collector in the 80s, are one today, or just are charmed by all the sticker fandom and creativity I documented.

Pipsticks-wall-of-stickers-photo-by-Rachel-Kramer-Bussel

Pipsticks-pinky-promise-stickers-photo-by-Rachel-Kramer-Bussel

Pipsticks-kids-playing-wheelchair-photo-by-Rachel-Kramer-Bussel

Pipsticks-astronaut-puffy-sticker-photo-by-Rachel-Kramer-Bussel

wavy-guy-water-bottle

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home