Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, March 04, 2019

My February Forbes book publishing articles

If you're interested in books and/or the business of books and/or my writing, I hope you're follow me at Forbes online, where I'm writing seven articles per month about everything from book deals to book covers to author innovations and more. As you'll see, I've covered everything from drawable book covers to the enduring popularity of books by veterans to how to open an independent bookstore. To follow me, just make a free account at Forbes.com and then click the link above and click the "Follow" button and answer how often you want to receive emails about my new articles. I started in November and have learned so much about publishing as well as Wordpress, and which bookish subjects people want to read about and which they don't.

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 6.36.56 AM

I write both more in-depth pieces about subjects like what authors can do when their publisher closes to breaking news, such as the Nora Roberts/Tomi Adeyemi book title story. I have a lot of great topics I'm covering in the next few months, especially more service-oriented pieces that I hope are helpful to aspiring authors, like the literary agent cookbook Q&A below. February was exciting because one of my articles got double the traffic of my previous high traffic piece, and continues to do well and may even hit 100,000 views soon. I get paid a flat fee based on how many articles I write per month, with the possibility of a pageview bonus, so of course I pay attention to my pageviews, but I also pay attention to who's linking to these articles. One of my upcoming pieces profiles a website that I found out about because they linked to me. So check it out, and if you're a publisher, editor or literary agent and have timely book publishing news or details about a growing trend in publishing, feel free to email me about it. I can't guarantee I'll cover it, but I'm always on the lookout for new topics my readers will appreciate.

Here are my Forbes online February 2019 articles in reverse chronological order:

"Katie Couric Memoir 'Unexpected' To Detail Her Struggles With Bulimia And Insecurity"

"Michelle Obama To Discuss Bestselling Memoir 'Becoming' On YouTube 'BookTube' Special In March 2019"

"How To Get Your Cookbook Published, According To A Literary Agent Who Specializes In Them"

"11-Year-Old Boy Lands Book Deal About Crocheting After His Creations Go Viral"

"Comic Book About Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Inspired By Her Quoting Alan Moore, Coming Out In May"

"What To Expect From 2020 Book 'White Feminism' By Former Jezebel Editor Koa Beck"

"Kim Kardashian West To Write Foreword To Memoir By Alice Marie Johnson, Convict Who West Helped Free"

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home