Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Saturday, July 06, 2013

15 shows I wish I could see at Edinburgh Fringe Festival

Apparently I'm bad at intentions and since my book sales dipped depressingly low in the first quarter of this year (I was hoping to use my royalties to fund this trip), it doesn't look like I'll be going to Edinburgh Fringe Festival unless a freelance/life/money miracle happens ASAP. If by any chance you know of publications looking for Edinburgh Fringe Festival coverage, please email me at rachelkb at gmail.com - I will be pitching hard this week, but I'm sure there are plenty of venues not on my radar to try. But so my research has not been totally in vain, I will tell you that I am newly enamored of travel site Hipmunk as well as Jetsetter (their Facebook page is great too), which is (or more likely, was, by the time you read this) having a killer deal on flights to London. I searched lots of sights and only Hipmunk lays out the dates and options in a way that very easily lets you see what's available. I found it the easiest to follow and found the cheapest fares through them.

Full disclosure: I was busy researching flights so didn't get to look through all the almost 3,000 Edinburgh listings (I was focusing on theater, but still didn't make it through), so I'm sure there's many more I'd want to see. If I go, it would only be for a week so I couldn't see everything anyway. Still, a girl can dream, right? I never want to stop dreaming and if I can't go, I am hoping some of these come to NYC. And maybe the universe will give me a lucky break. Anyway, for what it's worth, here are a few shows in no particular order I wish I could see in Edinburgh (click through for descriptions):

Surrender

Nirbhaya

Phone Whore: A One Act Play With Frequent Interruptions

SingleMarriedGirl

Can't Buy Me Love

Signs of Our Occupy

Bedding Out

The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning

The Unremarkable Death of Marilyn Monroe

Sympathy Pains

Sweater Curse: A Yarn About Love

Laquearia

Ladyboner

Snap Out of It!

Threeway

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 06, 2013, Blogger Aimee said...

I really hope you make it to EdFringe, in general but especially because Ladyboner is the show of one of my best friends, and it - and she - are amazing! Best of luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home