Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

My first byline of 2013: "Loving Your Body, Even When You Don't"

I wrote about attending a Loving The Body You're In workshop taught by burlesque performers World Famous *BOB* and Legs Malone. It was a challenging piece to write so I'm proud of myself for remembering something I forgot a lot in 2012, and pretty much my entire life: the perfect is the enemy of the good. That applies equally to body image as writing. Even as I strive to both make a living and be a smarter businesswoman (and not just as president of RKB Enterprises, Inc.), I know that my job is to continually push myself, each and every day, and accept my flaws and failings. It's a huge tension in every area of my life, but something I endeavor to work on to the best of my ability.

What I'm trying to say is this isn't my best piece of writing, though surely it's not my worst, but I'm proud of it anyway. Sometimes writing is the hardest thing in the world for me, and sometimes it's the only thing I know how to do; often, it's both at once, and I hope this is the year I can finally be at peace with that tension, to love and learn from the rejections, of which there are and will be many, as much as the pieces that find a home. They all have a home, on my laptop, and now that I am a businesswoman in the sense of living off my words, I have to prioritize the words that sell, but to be comfortable with myself, those can't be the only ones that matter. That's something I will probably wrestle with as much as I do all the ills I see when I look in the mirror, but I want to be a better student this year. Not a resolution, per se, just a way of appreciating every lesson that comes my way, and being open to new possibilities.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home