I'll be in Austin through Saturday, and then I truly hope I get home as I miss my boyfriend and my city and am supposed to go to DC next week to see You For Me For You at Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company and also see I Am An Emotional Creature by Eve Ensler in New York. So I will not be at the sexy Shag reading on Friday but it's still proceeding and I believe someone else will be reading to you in the dark. But I also know that people are without power, and worse. It's lovely here and I am blogging Hurricane Sandy cupcakes and writing and enjoying the sun and friendship. Here are 10 things I'm grateful for:
1. Hospitality - the friend I'm staying with has very graciously let me stay an extra 5 days and we are exploring lots of fun events in Austin.
2. Skyping with my boyfriend - today he held up silly notes and I wrote some back with lip gloss.
3. Kindness - friends have offered alternative travel routes home (I'm flying American Saturday to JFK, so should be okay), loans, places to stay, and even to give out candy to trick or treaters! Thank you.
3. The weather - the sun feels amazing!
4. Kale! I bought some and it made me instantly happier just to touch it.
5. Books - I have so many fascinating books with me and time to pay attention to them.
I'm sure there's more, but I'm off to Bookwoman shortly.