Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, October 19, 2012

5 things I have no control over

I'm embracing the lack of control, in order to focus on the things I can control. Fuck yeah Serenity Prayer (a new URL, perhaps, if it's not taken?). In that spirit, 5 things I have learned I have no control over:

1. Other people
2. Unemployment
3. The weather
4. The ebook editions of Cheeky Spanking Stories, which vanished from Amazon and Bn.com days before their supposed release
5. Submissions after I've hit send

I feel better. Now back to the anthology I'm determined to finish before I go to Texas tomorrow! Oh, and I also have control over what I read, which right now is Murder by Mocha by Cleo Coyle, whose coffeeshop mystery series I adore. This one's about aphrodisiacs, and murder, of course. And Help, Thanks, Wow; The Three Essential Prayers by Anne Lamott, in which she writes:
Light reveals us to ourselves, which is not always so great if you find yourself in a big disgusting mess, possibly of your own creation. But like sunflowers we turn toward light. Light warms, and in most cases it draws us to ourselves. And in this light, we can see beyond shadow and illusion to something beyond our modest receptors, to what is way beyond us, and deep inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home