Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Sexy Nerds and Dad readings tonight in NYC

I'm sure there's also some crossover between those two groups!

Barring my ability to be in two places at once, I think my nerd/bingo loving side will win out over my baby fever side tonight, but I strongly endorse both these events. I also recommend the new novel Fathermucker by Greg Olear to celebrity gossip fans, those who want to read about suburban affairs and snarky parenting tidbits. Greg is an editor at The Nervous Breakdown, which I write for, even though I don't always take my own advice), and awesome guy. More on Dirty! Dirty! Dirty! once I've read it (soon!), but check out the 3D book trailer Mike Edison cooked up for it!

* SEXY NERDS & DIRTY WORDS *

You're invited to this one-time-only comedy-variety show where erotica meets neurotica, where the obscene meets the obscure, it's comedy for geeks, by geeks, it's.... Sexy Nerds and Dirty Words.

Host KEVIN MAHER (from the long-running series Kevin Geeks Out) presents a line-up of performers guaranteed to delight nerds of all ages.

Burlesque Performer IRIS EXPLOSION performs a racy dance designed especially for video-game fans.

Internet super-star MARK DOUGLAS (The Key of Awesome) delivers some R-rated geeky comedy.

Author MIKE EDISON reads from his new book, Dirty! Dirty! Dirty!, chronicling the history of America's greatest girlie magazines.

M. SWEENEY LAWLESS uncovers a secret conspiracy in comic book covers.

Performance Poet JARED SINGER shares some "Spoken Nerd" poetry.

Plus a game of GEEK BINGO will help determine who's the biggest geek in the audience.

Plus: Dramatic reading of fan fiction, un-censored tweets and a special video-taping for a segment that will be screened at New York Comic Con.



Sunday, October 9: New York

The famed KGB Sunday Night Reading Series, curated by the great Suzanne Dottino, presents “Dad’s Night Out: An Evening of Readings by Literary Fathers.”

We get to chill in one of my old haunts—and still one of my favorite bars in all the world—with my fellow dad-scribes Matthew Norman (Domestic Violets), James P. Othmer (The Futurist and Holy Water) and Darin Strauss (More Than It Hurts You, Chang & Eng, The Real McCoy, Half a Life). I’m psyched to share the stage with three of my faves.

KGB Bar, 85 E 4th St, New York, NY, 7pm

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home