Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, May 09, 2011

This is straight out of one of my fucking political science classes

I know there are more egregious horrific parts of this Sydney Morning Herald article by Asher Moses, "Meet the workers dying to meet your iPad 2 demand," but this bit is the part that just floored me. I was a political science major and I daresay that no politician could be as schooled in the art of nonsense doublespeak as this statement (bolding mine):

Apple has sold more than 20 million iPads and its chief operating officer Tim Cook said in a recent earnings call that the company had sold every single iPad it had been able to produce.

Apple has yet to respond to the allegations in the SACOM report despite claims that the conditions in the factories breach the company's Supplier Code of Conduct.

Foxconn told the
Daily Mail that the conditions described were "not something we endorse or encourage" but the company "would not exclude that this might happen, given the diverse and large population of our workforce".

"But we are working to change it," the Foxconn spokesman said.


What the fuck does that actually say? Part of why I couldn't hack politics, or even law, which I sortof thought would be more rational than politics, is that of course anyone can basically say anything and try to make it sound like its opposite. That's part of why I write a lot of first-person pieces, because at least then I personally get to control my message. Politicians should study Foxconn for talking points. Ugh.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home