Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, May 23, 2011

I have a feeling this Kamikaze PR for Artists Workshop will be $99 very well spent

I'm very excited about this online PR workshop I just signed up for. Even though I've been booking readings for a decade and have made book trailers, hosted a reading series, taught classes and done lots of things I've spent a lot of time promoting, I feel like I am still missing some key elements. It's hard and frustrating to feel like you are wasting time, energy and money that could be better spent in creative pursuits. At the same time, I feel like I owe it to my books to give them the biggest push I can. Stay tuned for a summer book party! I know, I said I'm out of the events game, but this time I'm partnering with people who know how to throw a damn good party. Considering how much I've spent on publicists, buttons, postcards, book trailers, book ads and traveling to events, I am very eager to hear Kathy's tips and put them into action, just in time for the publication of Obsessed: Erotic Romance for Women in mid-July (that's the book I'm looking at a late August NYC book party for).



You can find out all about the workshop and watch a trailer at Crafty Chica Kathy Cano-Murillo's blog, but here's the basics:

WEEK 1: The Foundation of You: Becoming Newsworthy. Exercises in writing a compelling bio, organizing your web site, blogging tips, mission statement, taglines, finding specific gems in your business that you can market, energizing your platform, being alluring, and much more.

WEEK 2: Crafting the Perfect Pitch. From one-sheets to elevator pitches, I'll share what has worked for me, along with tips for testimonials, keeping your vibe fresh, working with local media, booking events and appearances, media tools, editorial packages for your blog or design themes, trending. It's all about "the hook" and you'll learn the art of it!

WEEK 3: Writing a Press Release and contact letters. By this time, you'll know who you want to market to and what your story angles are. You'll learn the old school style of releases, as well as the new and create a mash-up between the two that is tailored to your brand and business. You'll learn the do's and don'ts of these, as well as cover letters and contacting editors and producers by email.

WEEK 4: Spreading the word and following up! This is where we put it all together! I'll show you all the different techniques for getting the word out, following up, sending swag, press invites, the right and wrong way to send packages, blog hops, submitting to big sites, cross promoting, networking online and in person, working with sponsors, pitching to networks, SEO, writing good blog headlines, keywords, tips for viral marketing, look books and press kits.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home