Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, February 13, 2011

My New York City personal organizer recommendation, and what we did today

As some of you know, last year I hired Savage Organizing (formerly Organized NYC) to declutter my apartment. Liz did a fabulous job, and it was an enormous, week-long project. I don't have time to detail all of it now, but I can tell you she had shelves installed for my books, and totally transformed my apartment from an utter mess into one that actually was, yes, organized. For a little while, it stayed that way, but slowly, my old ways started to creep in, and today I had her come back. We did a four-hour session, which resulted in four bags of stuff to bring to Goodwill, 80 pounds of laundry dropped off, some dry cleaning, and a whole clear room (the middle room of my railroad apartment), which awaits the dresser I ordered from Amazon.

Liz also helped me set up the shoe rack I bought...last year. I let exactly two people, save for the exterminator, into my apartment in the last year, and that wasn't something I was that comfortable with. Liz is pretty much the only person I'd trust with that, and she, despite my fears, was extremely encouraging and kind and not only helped me clear out space but helped conceptualize how we can best use the remaining space (more shelves!) and never once pressured me to get rid of anything. Making progress helped me not only see how much I do have, but helped me see the light at the end of the hoarding tunnel. I want to have room for my weights, for my books, for my clothes, for all the things that are important to me, and also just some clear floor space, just for me, just to look at and gaze upon and be happy with. There's a ways to go, but it's gonna happen. And look! I can see my shoes...and keep on adding to this collection so they all have mates:

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home