Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Eyelashes, mine and The Secret Stars song

Just downloaded the song "Eyelashes" by The Secret Stars, from an album I have buried in the CDs I've given up on ever sorting. I snapped this closeup of my eyelashes, just because I still can't believe this is what I'm wearing, and in the hopes that maybe I can replicate it as some point. My eyebrows are in dire need of waxing, just haven't had time for it. I did get a facial this morning, partly because the winter is hell on my skin, and partly for the photo shoot. While I was lying there getting steamed and extracted, I had an idea for a story that has to do with falseness, of various kinds (though not eyelashes). One of the protagonists is "like a combination of Jessica Simpson, Snooki and Tila Tequila." To show you where my mind goes when I'm being touched like that. Actually, aside from walking, I do some of my best creative thinking when getting massages and such. I think it's the enforced stillness which makes my mind move faster, to make up for not being able to move the rest of me.

I learned all sorts of things about makeup and aging today while I was getting done up, the bottom line being I should wear bright lipstick and heavy eyeliner while I'm "young" (or whatever passes for young). I don't wear much makeup on a daily basis, anyway, often just lipstick, and sometimes not even that. It's one of those things I wish I could pull off every day but I don't have the patience for it, not to mention the skill. But when I'm all done up, I like it; I tend to feel like I'm some movie version of myself, which sometimes is a fun way to feel, when the real thing is rather ho-hum.



And since I couldn't find a YouTube video of "Eyelashes," here's Geoff Farina of The Secret Stars and Karate singing "Shoe In."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home