Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

The $90 message I most needed to hear this week

I will be posting more about last night's wonderful reading at Coco de Mer, also about nausea, goodbyes, a mystery missed call, Virgin America and adjusting, here from today's home base in Silverlake. I've been taken in by some very kind friends until I can fly home. Today's project, in addition to hanging out with an adorable baby and a huge to do list of writing I've been neglected in this surreal week, is trying to reconfigure my belongings so they'll fit into my bursting-at-the-seams suitcase.

For now, though, I will tell you that I bought this $90 blindfold, not because I will be getting blindfolded anytime soon, but because it was beautiful and I thought that I, so full of fear in so many matters, needed to own this message. "The only real freedom is freedom from fear." Indeed. It's called the "Bondage for Freedom" Blindfold and Cuff Kit, and indeed, on my receipt, it said "Bondage for Freedom." Fitting as I contemplate both bondage erotica and in the more broader sense, the idea of freedom and how that is a blessing and a curse in so many ways as I try to work on starting over this month on my personal goals and, ironically, trying to remove myself from the world of sex and dating so I can accomplish them with minimal heartache.

But the fear is something I live with every day. Just a week ago I faced a lot of my biggest fears and it wasn't all perfect. It was bittersweet in a lot of ways but I think every time we don't face our fears, we give them a way to control us.



And this is what the bag looks like:



In other news, I'm excited that my book Obsessed: Erotic Romance for Women, out in August, is available for pre-order on Amazon (no cover yet). It'll also have a foreword by the wonderful erotica writer Caridad Piñeiro®, whose new e-book Aztec Gold, just out from Harlequin's digital imprint Carina Press, I'm looking forward to reading on my phone tonight. I'll post a review when I'm done, but I started it and if you like paranormal romance, it's a steal at $3.19.



Official description:

Six months ago, Cynthia Guerrera's lover and fellow archaeologist Rafael Santiago trekked into the Mexican jungle in search of one of the fabled Cities of Gold—and never emerged. Guilty over their parting, Cynthia won't rest until she knows what happened. When the discovery of a conquistador's journal corroborates Rafe's intended path, Cynthia is determined to finally leave the safety of the museum to rescue him, despite the conquistador's dire warnings, and her own traumatic past.

Arriving at a remote village deep in the jungle, Cynthia is both elated and angered to find Rafe alive. But he is far from well, having watched his team be decimated by a bloodthirsty demon-goddess. When Rafe reveals he has been gifted with supernatural powers—powers he plans to use to kill the beast and save his brother, still held captive in the temple—Cynthia must face her own inner demons to fight alongside the man she loves.

35,500 words


My call for Going Down officially ending, but you can get the guidelines for the kinky couples and erotic romance anthologies as well as Best Bondage Erotica 2012 here. Earlier submissions are always preferred as I work on anthologies on a rolling basis.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home