Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Kinky book trailer ingredients

I made a list on the subway on the way to the hotel before our book trailer video shoot for Please, Sir: Erotic Stories of Female Submission, which I believe is shipping from the warehouse right now. (I still need bloggers for the May virtual book tour - you get a free book in exchange for blogging about it (US only for free book), email pleaseantho at gmail.com to be part of it.)

Of course I have to check out and can't find my handwritten list, but my kinky ingredients went something like this:

fishnet ripping

bondage

choking

spanking

slapping

kneeling

leash/crawling

hot wax

ice

We did all those and more; I loved having this special massage candle wax poured on my chest. We had a cast of friends and strangers and while I thought my hotel room was on the tiny side, my director said she loved it and I think it's going to be my hottest trailer yet and the one with the most props. We had floggers, paddles, a ruler, lots of cuffs, a leash, plus some stuff we didn't get to use, like nipple clamps (not very YouTube friendly).

The funniest part was that every time it would get really hot, we'd have to stop because she'd gotten what she needed for the shot. There were many collective sighs in the room and I think it was a fun, sexy atmosphere, and people were willing to pitch in when needed for various shots. I'm so excited to see what it's gonna look like and already dreaming up the next trailer, for Fast Girls. I know some folks would love to be in a Please, Ma'am trailer but these shoots costs me many hundreds of dollars, out of my own pocket, which, frankly, I don't usually make up for in book sales (eventually, yes, but it's more of a promotional tool). So I do it on a case by case basis. I just finalized the table of contents for Orgasmic and hope to do a video for that, but it all depends on cash, which means it depends on people buying my books!

Eagerly awaiting my next royalty check, both to have money to live on and to see which books are hits and which are misses (trust me, it varies very, very widely, some we may as well never have published and some go into reprint very fast). I'm trying to make sure that anyone remotely interested in this topic buys Please, Sir. We'll have free buttons at In The Flesh and BEA, I have postcards on me at all times and will have them at AWP and LAT Festival of Books, I'm doing two signings at BEA and the trailer and a May month-long virtual book tour. And just putting my faith into this book because I love the cover so much. Plus if I don't have faith in my book, who will? You'll be hearing lots more about all the sexiness inside, including cybersex, spanking, the opera, bondage, a walk in a (kinky) park, erotic asphyxiation and much more. Get a taste here.


Kinky book trailer props

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At April 05, 2010, Blogger K said...

Hmmm. The candle wax really sounds interesting. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home