Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Amazon.com doesn't want me to know how my books are doing



Wow, thanks Amazon! Now I will not keep checking your site because you've decided most of my books aren't worthy of getting a ranking, or maybe just that the ones that are are the ones nobody's buying. Ha ha ha. Funny because Donna George Storey was just posting about her Amazon woes (obviously take any advice I give with a giant shaker of salt, cause if I really knew what I was taking about, I'd have written a book myself by now!). Maybe it's a good thing in disguise, so I don't keep checking my rankings, especially when they fluctuate so wildly and don't have any true meaning to me in terms of predicting sales.

I just found out that Dirty Girls continues to treat me well. I think there's a part of me that doesn't expect anyone to buy my books, so when they do, it feels good. Also tells me how to approach a new book I'm editing, that I'm really excited about, especially since it gives me the chance to approach authors who are not usually erotica writers. I have my little wishlist, and if even one of those people sends me a story, I'll be a happy editor.

So there, Amazon. Instead of focusing on your bizarre systems, I'm gonna focus on making some good books. Fancy that.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 12, 2009, Blogger R said...

It's actually part of a more serious problem where books with "adult" content have had their sales rankings removed... and adult content includes almost any book with a gay/transgendered/etc. character whether or not it includes actual adult content (i.e. many Y.A. books with gay characters have had their sales rankings removed.) There is a discussion about the issue here.

 
At April 12, 2009, Anonymous neve black said...

I'm not trying to stir something up here, R, because I just read this on Kristina Lloyd's blog also, and posted a similiar comment - isn't this an infringment on our first amendment rights? I feel policed by amazon. What the hell?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home