Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Addition: One fabulous book, three covers

My friend Mary Pols just posted about her reaction to seeing the girlified British version of her memoir Accidentally on Purpose. I've been raving about Toni Jordan's excellent OCD-themed first novel Addition. Here are three version of the cover (top is the U.S. version) culled from her site.

Personally, I don't think the U.S. version does the book any favors or represents it very well. It makes it seem more chick lit-y than it is, and I say that as someone who likes chick lit. It's very intense in its look at mental illness, but is also about love and sex and family and relationships, but the protagonist's relationship with numbers and counting is the paramount one here. I like the toothbrushes best, but that's having read the book already.

Cover of Addition by Toni Jordan

Cover of Addition by Toni Jordan

Cover of Addition by Toni Jordan

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home