Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The bane of my existence

I'm living for the next 2 weeks sans ID. I don't drive and don't have a license so I carry my passport around with my everywhere. Last week, I wasn't sure I'd even make it to St. Louis, but the TSA at both La Guardia and St. Louis were very nice. Despite tightening security rules last year, there is a grace period. And apparently, a significant number of people who relish traveling without ID. I guess I am not a "die-hard Constituionalist" like some and also, I am such a horrible traveler that for me to try to fly without ID would just be inviting trouble. I mean, I'm lucky to get to the airport on time. So, fingers crossed, my expedited passport will be worth the approximately $160 I spent on postage and fees.

I didn't really think it would be a problem since I don't drink, but already, it's causing stress. Will I get in to the Greenpoint Chess Club at Bar Matchless? Will I get in to The Martha Stewart Show cupcake show taping tomorrow? Who knows?

The good news is, my new ID should be good for 10 years, not 1, like the one I had to get at the London Embassy last January. I may even go crazy and get a NY State non-drivers ID card!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 16, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you just get a nondrivers ID? It looks just like a drivers license, except it says non-drivers ID on instead of drivers license. You have to get it at the motor vehicle bureau.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home