Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, November 24, 2008

Why the anonymous comment never wins

I kindof hate anonymous comments. I think they're a lazy way for people to hide behind...nothing. Stupidity. Not always, of course, but it kindof made me smile to see that Alison Tyler unearthed her anonymous mean commenter. And no, I have no idea who it is, and honestly don't care. My point is that you reap what you sow. Sometimes it doesn't seem that way, but I believe it is true.

I certainly read things I don't like, and sometimes I write about them. With, you know, my name. I would much prefer to write about things I do like, happy things, but life isn't always like that. But there is a difference between constructive criticism and bitchy anonymous hatred. Someone once left a comment on one of my Amazon blog postings wondering why a certain publisher published my stuff. I'm not quite sure why she didn't take that up with them, but that was not the right place for it.

Anyway, just found that kinda fascinating.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At November 25, 2008, Blogger Jennette Fulda said...

I'm never quite sure what to do with the anonymous mean comments. I used to delete them, but lately I've just left them up. But then my readers sometimes beat up on them and I'm not entirely sure how to feel about that. It can seem like I've set my posse to do my bidding for me, when really I'd rather the meany just evaporate away.

I try to remind myself not to reply to them so the writer doesn't get the satisfaction of seeing they've irked me, but that can be hard to remember in the moment. Sometimes I reply humorously, but that also lets them know they got my attention. I dunno. It's weird.

 
At December 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a big believer in the Golden Rule, but, honestly, Rachel, you are one of the few people writing online whose work comes across as genuine and authentic and well-intentioned. Sites like Wikipedia live by the anonymous comment and many companies do most of their PR through sock puppets who may sign a name but are fundamentally anonymous i.e. people with no reputations to weigh what they say with and no reputations to protect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home