Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, January 25, 2008

A quickie


Photo by Stacie Joy

A quick note to say THANK YOU to everyone who came out to Tuesday's big reading for Best Sex Writing 2008 - I'm told the line was out the door, everyone read spectacularly, and I was so touched by seeing people I know (and don't know) in the crowd. The Columbia Spectator is covering it and afterwards we went across the street and did a group interview for Ed Champion's podcast The Bat Segundo Show that I'll post when it's up. Photos in this post by the amazing Stacie Joy; see her Best Sex Writing 2008 reading Flickr set for more, and I'll have a bunch more up this weekend. That was definitely the highlight of my week; the rest of it's been very up and down emotionally and I've got mad deadlines, but I'm pulling them off, one at a time.



Other stuff - biggest thing is that Cupcakes Take the Cake is a finalist for Best Food Weblog in the 2008 Bloggies! This is HUGE for our little blog and I strongly encourage you to go VOTE for us - you can only vote once, and voting ends Thursday, January 31st at 10 pm EST.




More updates this weekend, but I'm up for a new gig, so keep your fingers crossed for me. And of course, unlike Claudia Lonow (does the irony of David Blum's incessant firing, then hiring, then splashing sex columnists across the covers of his papers make me laugh? yes!), I will use actual sources if I get this job. I highly urge you to go read Judy McGuire and her new book How Not to Date instead.



Press:

The Resident asked us to pick our top 5 Manhattan cupcake bakeries so I gave them our faves

Radical Vixen interviewed me on Sex Worker Solidarity

And don't forget! Sunday from 8-10 pm is my Love Letter workshop at Babeland! There will be handouts and exercises and it's gonna be a lot of fun.

Love Letter Writing Workshop with Rachel Kramer Bussel
Sunday, January 27, 8:00-10:00, $20
Babeland SoHo, 43 Mercer Street, NYC
U R HOT. Want to express your feelings to your Valentine, but just can’t find the words? Spend the evening with Rachel Kramer Bussel penning romantic notes and sweet nothings for your special someone. Rachel is a novelist, editor, and columnist; editor of more than a dozen erotic anthologies, including He’s on Top, She’s on Top and Hide and Seek. Her work has been published in the Village Voice, Penthouse, Bust, and the San Francisco Chronicle, among others.

About Babeland:
Babeland is recognized around the world as a friendly place to shop for sex toys, books, and videos. Founded in 1993, Babeland has received numerous honors in its fifteen years of business, including Zagat Survey Awards for "Top Service" in New York City in 2003 and 2006. It was voted "Best Place to Buy Sex Toys" by The Village Voice, New York Magazine, New York Press, Miami New Times, Seattle's The Stranger, and the Seattle Weekly. Self Magazine has hailed co-founders Rachel Venning and Claire Cavanah as “new generation sex gurus."

REGISTER in person at Babeland or by calling 212-966-2120.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home