Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Art recommendation: Nick Dwar



My friend Nick Dewar is a multi-talented artist. You can peruse his website to see that he's worked for tons of major publications, and has drawn some book covers you might have seen like, oh, The Devil Wears Prada and its successor, Everyone Worth Knowing (I have no idea if he's slated to illustrated Lauren Weisberger's untitled third novel, due out in May, which she got seven figues for, according to Publishers Marketplace). And not only does he create wonderful art, but he breaks down his process and tells you how he does it.



I can tell you that I've fallen for these pieces of his art, available from Thumbtack Press, and highly recommend checking out the prints he has for sale. This first one above, "Jigsaw Couple," reminds me a little bit of Tara McPherson, whose art I noticed on Juno's wall in Juno, fitting for a movie with such indie culture appeal (and I say that as a Kimya Dawson fan). I also highly recommend Tara's book, Lonely Heart: The Art of Tara McPherson. They're not exactly alike, of course, just somewhat (here the jigsaw puzzle pieces reminded me of her lonely heart series).

Click through on images for purchasing information, or see all his available work from Thumbtack Press.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home