Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, November 19, 2007

Cate Blanchett as Bob Dylan - from my Crossdressing blog

I've decided to start dedicated blogs for some of my new books, in part to promote them, in part because I've found there's an ease and focus to a niche blog, like Cupcakes Take the Cake, that I just don't have with this sometimes unwieldy one, not to mention I'm still recovering from being sick and my brain is fog and I have insanely massive deadlines coming up. One big one and multiple tiny ones. This past week I've really been moving quite slowly, miscounting, forgetting, just like there's a thick fog over my brain that can't seem to clear. My body's rebelling against me, giving me acne and then yesterday making me puke up my tea. I'm not sure what's going on and have slept way more than enough; now it's time to get a move on and fight this annoying cold-like thing, and get back to what I'm meant to be doing.

So yeah, 32's been a bit hectic for me, though not all bad. Lots of good conversations with my friends, some lovely dinners at places like Babbo and Lunetta (Smith Street), and I even managed to do 1 squat at 185 pounds last week at CrossFit (I was trying singles for the first time). But it does mean this blog and my inbox are not necessarily getting the attention they deserve for a bit. This also means I may not be replying to email until December, unless it's urgent. So this is a timely post below (I'm Not There opens Wednesday), and you can keep checking it out at http://crossdresingerotica.wordpress.com for more updates.

Via Ain't It Cool News, a clip from Todd Haynes's forthcoming biopic of Bob Dylan, I'm Not There, with Cate Blanchett playing Dylan, which opens Wednesday:


Rolling Stone says:

Not content with just one actor to portray Dylan in the act of inventing and reinventing himself, Haynes hired six and hit the jackpot with Cate Blanchett. She burns through Haynes' head-trip odyssey like an illuminating torch. Blanchett's soon-to-be-legendary performance is not a stunt, it's some kind of miracle. Playing the skinny, androgynous Dylan in his electric years — when his hair stood on end to match his fried nerves — Blanchett extends the possibilities of acting. You won't see a better example of interpretive art this year by man or woman.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home