Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Polyamorous interviewees wanted for book

Polyamory is big these days. There’s Cunning Minx’s fabulous Poly Weekly podcast, Big Love, and three upcoming books about it (in addition to the others on the topic, like Diana Cage’s Threeways: Fulfill Your Ultimate Fantasy, which I was quoted in)!

Tristan Taormino’s Opening Up
comes out this fall from Cleis Press, I know Virginia Vitzthum is working on one, and now Jenny Block is writing Open for Seal Press, due out in May 2008. This is in addition to the two books about threesomes coming out (love that Amazon is advertising them together, in case, like, one book on the topic is not enough!), the covers of which I’ll include below, just for fun:





Of course, if you haven’t already read The Ethical Slut, stop reading this blog and go do so if you’re at all interested in poly. It’s a classic.

Jenny Block (she wrote "Portrait of an Open Marriage" last year for Tango) asked me to pass along this call for interviewees. This is is all the info I have; contact Jenny if you’re interested. She would like to talk to “people in open marriages or other open committed relationships.” You can be quoted anonymously.

The book is called Open and is due out in May 2008. I'll email a series of questions to anyone interested and ask that they answer as many as they are comfortable answering. Then I will follow-up with anyone I want/need more info from. Jenny Block, myopenbook@yahoo.com

As for me, never say never, but I think my poly days are over. I’m beyond ready to settle down. I can’t even say what my “ideal” would be because it depends on whoever I settle down with, and what they want. I think I have a poly soul but am highly skeptical I can even find a single person to partner/procreate with, let alone multiples and would rather try to be practical for once in my life than…idealistic. That’s a story for another day, though. But since I am working pretty much 24/7, it’s a non-issue. I’ll go back to my “I just get laid when I’m not in New York” mode. Really, though, who knows? Certainly not I.

1 Comments:

At August 24, 2007, Blogger Essin' Em said...

thanks for posting the call for interviews.

and the Ethical Slut, though slightly outdating, is without a doubt the open-relationship bible.

I'm trying to remember theorist who talked about relationship mapping (primary, secondary, tertiary, etc), but it was very interesting. I should find my notes on that. I've decided that I'm my own primary partner :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home