Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, August 13, 2007

Oh, the irony

"Formerly at Voice, Editor Takes a Job at the Competion," New York Times

Anyone who has ever been fired abruptly from a high-profile job can perhaps relate to the revenge fantasy that David Blum seems to be living out — and the retaliation he may have in mind for his former employer.

Mr. Blum was one of a half-dozen top editors who have revolved through the door at The Village Voice over the last few years. For those keeping score, he served for six months ending in early March, only to be sacked quite publicly after he argued with staff members over their concerns that the paper lacked racial diversity...

“I want to make The Press as fresh and unpredictable as possible,” he said in a telephone interview. “I tried to do that at The Village Voice, but I didn’t have enough time at The Voice to achieve the goals that I had at the paper. But here I will.”


Because nothing says "fresh and unpredictable" quite like this. Maybe I should write a letter to the Times?

What's also ironic is that right before Adario Strange left New York Press (like a week before), he emailed me aout doing a podcast with Stephanie Sellars. I don't think the time is right for me to start podcasting, but maybe in the fall if I can find some of that elusive free time. Ha ha.

Alt Weekly Death Watch, anyone?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home