Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Happy things

Some things that have made me smile today:

Getting a box full of my book Crossdressing: Erotic Stories. Books are pretty, especially all shiny and new and lined up nicely on my bookshelves.

Wrote most of a little story for Booktour (still cleaning it up) at the neverending appointment that didn't happen today.

Cupcake blogger workout today at Crossfit. I don't know if I'm up for organizing another one, I think I need to severely halt my tendency to want to organize things and just be a follower and detached participant for a while. Even as my brain bubbles with ideas, I need to chill with that for a while. (But please do come to the reading I organized on Monday at McNally Robinson. It's a pretty swanky bookstore, they even sell cupcakes (and have WiFi from what I recall from the Jill Soloway reading). My own exuberance sometimes gets the best of me and it's not always pretty. I am waiting to finalize an October 14th reading from He's on Top/She's on Top in San Francisco (with Crossdressing and Best Sex Writing 2008 readings TBA in New York and probably a birthday spanking event November 10th in Philly), but that's different, and I have people helping me book those. That's work and all I need to do is log into Sallie Mae to remind myself that it's necessary. Plus I like these little trips, and have many people to see (and at least one to do) in San Francisco, not to mention cupcakes to eat. But all in good time. I have to get through August, then September, then...

Natalie Dee:

Natalie Dee
nataliedee.com

Natalie Dee
nataliedee.com

September is almost here! I remember a few years ago I was like "I wish this year would be over already." It was 2003 and I worked at a job that made me cry, it was just awful (they took away my internet access, I couldn't wear sneakers, I got in trouble for "talking too loud," nepotism was rampant, my job was as a typist, not even a secretary) where everything was topsy turvy and it rotted my brain worse than watching television. It was just really bad all around. And K. was saying that we shouldn't wish time away, and it's true. Even then, when things felt so awful, all of a sudden, I was rescued from that. I don't want anyone but myself to rescue me now, but it's hard to just live in that state where you're constantly wishing you had someone else's life, reading blogs enviously, gorging on the details of grass that is such a vivid, brilliant, beautiful green, while yours might as well be brown and scorched and dead. That's what it feels like, anyway, just like I'm spinning in circles, with no direction. I have a feeling someday I'll look back on this, my crazy thirties, or at least the early years, and either laugh heartily or have plenty of material for fiction.

1 Comments:

At August 26, 2007, Blogger GLBT Promo said...

My thirties sucked for different reasons. My forties are soooo much better. Now I know what I want; Now I don't care what other people think; Now my sexual fantasies have all been fulfilled and the rest is just gravy; Now I'm almost in menopause so I don't have to surf the crimson wave; Now my kids are almost grown; Now I'm finally doing something that I love.

You're at the top of the erotica game and you've worked hard to get there. There will be bad times, but "this too shall pass."

Jolie
(Great job last night, and thanks for walking me to the L line.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home