Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Forum UK reviews He's on Top and She's on Top



I'm thrilled and totally surprised (cause they weren't on my press list, though clearly they were on someone's, but now will permanently be on my list!) with this review Volume 41 No. 8 of Forum UK. Not just because it's positive, but because it gets the whole point of the books. Now, you know, just to get crazy dragging their heels Ingram and Amazon to, I don't know, STOCK my books. That's a novel concept, I know, making money and all but geez. Sorry to vent, I know my publisher is working on it, but it really horrifies me that books are available, in warehouses, and according to Amazon they're not, which is costing me very real dollars in lost sales. I know there's nothing I can do, but it doesn't stop me from checking and checking and checking. So forget Amazon; buy books directly from Cleis Press, your local book or sex toy store (ask for the titles), or Bn.com, where He's on Top ships within 24 hours.

Explorations of dominants and their relationships with those who submit to them are also on display in He's On Top and She's On Top. However, these two anthologies are beasts of a more subtle breed altogether. Unlike Enthralled, where the dominant character punishes her subs because she despises them and sees them as something less than human, the tops here do it because they are with someone who understands, trusts and (more often than not) loves them.

He's On Top features such intriguing scenarios as a young top being put through his paces in a club by an older bottom who knows which of them is really controlling the scene (Thomas S. Roche's Schoolgirl And Angel) and a mster demonstrating his training technique over the phone to persuade another woman she should avail herself of his ervices (Mackenzie Cross' A Good Reference). It also, bravely, tackles the subject of a couple rekindling their BDSM relationship after her treatment for breasts cancer (Shanna Germain's The Sun Is An Ordinary Star).

She's On Top has the dommes taking centre stage, and offers up such treasts as Tara Alton's Pinch, where a woman has a surprisingly kinky encounter in her office lift, Noelle Keely's Ottoman Empress, in which the heroine discovers how satisfying it is to use her yoga-loving husband as a footstool and Kate Dominic's The Queening Chair, which can only be described as a cunnilingus apocalypse. Truly a pair of masterful anthologies.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home