Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, August 27, 2007

Erotic memoir, or something like that



VERY weird to have a group interview I'm part of up on a site I write for. Also the whole thing is kindof odd for me; I am in some sense trying to move away from memoir, and certainly have a love/hate relationship with blogging. But nevertheless, here's this interview at Memoirville with those of us in the new book Entangled Lives edited by Marilyn Jaye Lewis.

Do you tend to base fiction on real experiences or write erotic fiction and then make it come true?

Rachel: In my erotica, I often weave my own fantasies into the stories, but it’s not always verbatim. Another character might live out something I never would in real life, or I’ll alter things in a way that best fits the story. I don’t think I consciously write erotica and then try to “make it come true,” but I’m sure there’s an element of that in there somewhere. As much as I often try to separate the two, my writing and my self/my life are very tightly woven together.


Actually, I'm pretty psyched about fiction these days. Writing all kinds of stories that have nada to do with me, and the novel, which is clearly not about me (I've long since ceased to be a virgin), but I'm certainly in it, maybe just not in my protagonist (am working on my character sketches). I'm learning that I have to really live and breathe my characters, dream about them, make them as real as they can be in my head before trying to do so on the page. It's fun, but also challenging because, well, I want everyone to behave like me. That would be easy but would not make for a very good book. So bear with me. It's slowly but surely coalescing. And there's a hot scene in a strip club! That's all I can really tell you for now. There's a real freedom to make these people do whatever the hell I want, but that's also daunting and scary. I don't do well with too much freedom but I'm working with it and seeing what happens, and yes, maybe exorcising a few personal demons along the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home