Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Tagged and finally responding: 8 facts (plus a bonus one)

Greta Christina tagged me for this meme that's going around. I'm a little late in getting to it but here you go:

Here are the rules:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

1. Lately, my greatest accomplishment is that I can squat with 165 pounds (slightly more than I weigh) on my back. That feeling of consciously getting stronger day by day, of doing something I could not do a few days prior, of putting every ounce of energy I have into trying to do something difficult, is what keeps me going these days. I'm even kinda liking shoulder presses. Deadlifts are still a struggle but I am getting the hang of it. All of it, though, is becoming addictive. I mean, I'm even buying weightlifting shoes. It's crazy, but in a good way. Thank you, Allison and Crossfit.

2. I sleep with the lights on and of late have taken to sleeping on my kitchen floor, covered in blankets. It's actually kindof comfortable.

3. I went to chess camp when I was a teenager. I was obsessed with winning chess trophies (and flirting with boys who played chess). I can barely remember the last time I played chess, though I'm sure if I played intensely those skills would come back to me. I'd rather focus on Boggle, though, probably because I'm better at it.

4. In college (UC Berkeley), I registered as a Republican so I could vote for my poli sci professor in a local election.

5. I did civil disobedience in Hegins, Pennsylvania when I was 16 and got arrested. (Read more about that here, and while you're there, why not answer this week's Populist question?)

6. Despite my devotion to dishwashing, I’m a huge slob and spend at least a small portion of almost every day looking for something I can’t find. I have pretty much mastered the art of not losing my keys or glasses, the two biggest offenders, and am actually surprisingly good with Metrocards. Everything else, clothes, books, and pens especially, is fair game.

7. Future trivia factoid: I wear a 36C bra but have a feeling I need to go to Town Shop and get resized. (This is a second but related fact: one of my breasts is bigger than the other. Not sure how that affects my bra sizing.)

8. This blog (and pretty much any blog/site with cute babies) makes me tear up a little because I really want some of my own! ASAP. By which I mean by the end of 2009 at the very latest. I really do have a baby plan now and it makes me feel more at ease about the whole situation.

A bonus extra fact: I beat the high score on the Q*bert machine at Barcade on my last visit (not sure if its still there). The high score was in the 70,000 range…and I got 170,000. I played a lot of Q*bert growing up!

Now I'm tagging:

Jessica Cutler

Laren at Sweetblogomine

Judy McGuire

Ed Champion

Amber Rhea

Cajun Boy in the City

Rebecca Woolf of Girl's Gone Child

Deborah Siegel of Girl With Pen

1 Comments:

At July 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weightlifting is the best, isn't it? I was stunned when I tried it and realized how much pure, raw fun it was. Not to mention the serious genderfuck. I can't do squats because of my bum knee... but bench pressing actually makes me wet.

And I sleep with the lights on, too. A habit I got into during a period of my life when I was having lots of bad dreams. Having the lights on helped me wake up from them faster.

Great job with the meme! Thanks so much for playing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home