Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sweating and squatting at Crossfit


CIMG2913
Originally uploaded by alizinha
This is a photo of me squatting with 135 pounds on my back at Crossfit. I'm actually up to 160 pounds but didn't want my photo taken while doing that lest it jinx me. Click through on alizinha to see more Crossfit pics and click on "Private Sessions at the Black Box" to see, well, my ass when I'm squatting. I'll preface that by saying I think it looks bigger than it is in those photos.

It's very surreal, though I've gotten used to it, to have multiple people observing me and my body so closely. I'm not self-conscious, it just takes some getting used to. They are able to see things, like how crookedly I stand (my hips are uneven) and tell me things to help me improve. I think, though, at first I was so grateful to go somewhere where I was less visible. Where there weren't a lot of people and I could just do my thing. But now I'm really grateful for all the feedback and the sense of community at Crossfit. I feel like while I have my awesome, awesome trainer Allison (who is available for private sessions and is really fucking amazing imo), I also have these other people who, for no other reason than that they care, offer suggestions and advice. Every little bit helps and it's often a matter of focusing on one small aspect, one little mantra or adjustment, that can make the difference. It's still weird to have people, in an instant, spotlight what I'm doing wrong, but it's also a good kind of challenge. To know that there is always and will always be room for improvement, that even the people I think are "perfect" have things they are working on, is truly helpful. I think this is our 13th week, or maybe our 12th, I've lost count, but even when I'm tired or don't feel like going, afterward I feel really powerful. Like if I've done nothing else that day, I've done Crossfit.

I'm even organizing a private little class for some of my favorite chicas! I was thinking about my birthday the other day, even though it's ages away (November 10th), and wondering how much I'll be able to lift and do by then. Then I realized that probably the most important lesson, from there and from life, is that I need to take things one day at a time. Often, one hour or moment at a time. Such a simple and valuable lesson but not always so easy to follow in practice. Yet, like most things that are hard, so worth it, and about so much more than drinking, or not.

3 Comments:

At July 25, 2007, Blogger Christine said...

Squatting over your bodyweight is biiiiiiiiiiiig juju. :)

 
At July 25, 2007, Blogger figleaf said...

Rachel I really, really like this photo. Not for its kink potential but for its *not* kink potential. The kink part would come before maybe, or after maybe, but this is just you being in shape. (Ok, ok, and being in shape opens up lots of kinkster possibilities but that's incidental.)

I'm totally jealous that you've got Alizinha and Allison to work out with. Trainers and friends make a huge difference.

figleaf

 
At July 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel -- congrats to you and Allison! I love the look of determination and concentration on your face. Almost (seriously, *almost*) makes me want to work out!

Stacie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home