Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Thursday, July 19, 2007

BlogHer in a little over a week!



I really just wanted an excuse to say that I love Rebecca Woolf. And her in this t-shirt. I just think she's so amazing and brilliant and a wonderful writer. She's like the little sister I never had except that I often feel like she's infinitely wiser than me. And I get to see her at BlogHer!! Yay...so many cool people are coming, I keep finding out about more and more. Rachel Fershleiser of SMITH, Felicia Sullivan, Deborah Siegel, Viviane, Amber Rhea, and on and on. And I get to meet Cunning Minx, she of boobiesexual fame. Gotta say, out of all those old Voice columns, which feel like ancient memories, barely like something I used to live and breathe and plot and plan for, that one is one of my favorites and I'm thrilled to see it take on a life of its own, and even get a mention in Elisabeth Squires's book bOObs: A Guide to Your Girls. Makes me feel like all that was worth something, especially when things are just all around aggravating of late.

Also exciting too. We had an amazing In The Flesh tonight, one I only wish we had taped. Next time. My readers and my audience rock so much. Progress is being made, just very slowly. A few media tidbits are in the works, in the home stretch on the big book, and am flirting with the idea of a Vegas trip. And I joined Booktour.com, though so far the best part is I got an email full of this week's local author readings. I haven't fully explored it yet but I'm always up for anywhere to list my readings, though have found that Craigslist and Upcoming work quite well.

Having to relearn a lot of stuff at Crossfit, which at first I found incredibly annoying but now find strangely satisfying. That's really an environment where patience, SO not my strong suit, is rewarded.

And randomly, some events that are very cool but which I cannot attend - Andrew Boyd is awesome and is part of Best Of In The Flesh on September 19th, and Peter Kuper's Stop Forgetting to Remember is well worth checking out. Both at Bluestockings Bookstore, 172 Allen Street, NYC.

Thursday, July 19th @ 7PM - $5 to $10 Suggested
Through the Lens Series: Short Films of Political Pranks
With Andy Bichlbaum and Andrew Boyd
Come get your prank on with highlights from short films of political monkeyshines. We'll be showing the Yes Men masquerading as a DuPont spokesperson on BBC TV, and a startling expose about the Oil Enforcement Agency (OEA), a secretive group of vigilantes seeking to curb America's oil addiction. Yes Man Andy Bichlbaum and troublemaker (and "Billionaires For Bush" founder) Andrew Boyd will be on hand to drink beer.

------------------------------------------------------
Sunday, July 22nd @ 7PM - Free
Reading: Peter Kuper and Kevin Pyle
World War 3 Illustrated co-editors Peter Kuper and Kevin Pyle unveil their latest graphic novels. In "Stop Forgetting to Remember," Kuper unflinchingly examines his past experiences of (way too little) sex, (way too many) drugs, and (plenty-o) rock'n'roll. Kevin Pyle's "Blindspot" chronicles one boy's disillusionment with comic book notions of violence as he begins to encounter the darkness at the center of the adult world.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 19, 2007, Blogger Anthony Kennerson said...

One slight errata, Rachel...

'ya got Amber Rhea's blog link wrong; here's the correct addy:

http://beingamberrhea.com


Anthony

 

Post a Comment

<< Home