Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, June 18, 2007

My favorite clip ever


burrito baby
Originally uploaded by rkb1
I wanted to do a whole big blinged out post about how much I freaking love Fresh Yarn and am so, so honored to have my essay "Three Little Words" published there. It's about babies, and love, and baby love, a topic I could probably go on and on about. It doesn't even phase me that this was written in November and, well, that shows. This little smidgen will have to suffice for now.

But if the past week has taught me anything, it's that having un corazon grande is not about being bitter, not for me anyway. It's not about lamenting all that I don't have, but being grateful for what I do. It's about trying to be my best self, and hopefully encouraging other people to be theirs. More on that soon, I guess you could say it's a combination of the golden rule and the serenity prayer and that right now, I'm working hard on, well, me. At Crossfit (135 pound back squat!!) and in my head.

I feel a little more peaceful. Still buzzing away, still a bit of a need to hibernate, still way behind, but more peaceful, and, I hope, getting more maternal as I grow up. I think that maternal instinct needn't only be applied to actual children. For me, it's much larger than that and the "baby hunger" as some would call it has actually opened me up to figuring out who and how I want to be in this world, and whether I can be someone I'm proud of. Not always, but working towards it. And being published on one of my favorite websites, coming full circle, since I discovered the site, I think, via Elise Miller's starfucking essay "Some Great Reward," feels like a huge acknowledgement that I'm headed in the right direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home